Austin Beer Guide’s Lager Jam is returning for a third year at Billy’s on Burnet Saturday to celebrate the wonders of the bottom-fermenting brew, offering 25 beers from local breweries.
The $30 tickets, which you should buy ahead of time online, include a Lager Jam glass and koozie, on-site screen-printed T-shirt and three pours of beer. Or, if you’d prefer to pay a la carte, the event will have a limited number of glasses for $5 and shirts for $15, in addition to the beer you’ll pay for as you go.
The local publication, which releases a free twice-a-year guide to Austin’s burgeoning beer scene, started the Austin Lager Jam two years ago as a way of showcasing the talent and creativity of the area’s breweries. This year, Austin Beer Guide has also teamed up with three of these breweries — Austin Beerworks, Hops & Grain and Oasis, Texas Brewing — to bring special collaboration beers to the event.
Here’s the full list of beers you can expect to enjoy at Lager Jam 3, which runs from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Billy’s on Burnet at 2105 Hancock Dr.
- Export Lager
Oasis, Texas Brewing
- Luchamosa (the brewery’s Luchesa Lager mixed with orange juice)
- Das Mutt (the Austin Beer Guide collaboration, a Dortmunder Export Lager)
- Moment of Clarity (a dry-hopped Zwickelbier)
- Gal-Lager (the Austin Beer Guide collaboration, a watermelon light lager)
Hops & Grain
- Bizzaro Zoe (the Austin Beer Guide collaboration, the brewery’s pale lager made with experimental hops)
- Dispensary Pils
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Zoe with Apricots
Live Oak Brewing
- Spund Pilz
- Spund Bark
Blue Owl Brewing
- Dry-Hopped Czech Czech (a sour Czech pilsner)
North by Northwest Slaughter
- Porchtime (Czech-style pilsner)
- Get to the Lagga! (Vienna lager)
North by Northwest Stonelake
- Haus Party
- Nightmare on Pecan Street (a dry-hopped American lager based on Davis Tucker’s original Pecan Street Lager)
Black Star Co-op
- Midtown Light Pilsner
Red Horn Coffee House & Brewpub
- Goat Shed Lager (an American-style pre-Prohibition lager)
- LIVIN Lager
Twisted X Brewing
- Dry-Hopped Austin Lager
Real Ale Brewing
- Hans’ Pils (a special dry-hopped edition)
- Brewers’ Cut: New World Pils (featuring the Huell Melon hop with notes of honeydew, lemon zest and strawberry)
- Jib Cutter (Vienna-style lager)
For more information, visit austinbeerguide.com.