Everyone from political pundits to your next-door neighbor thinks they know who will (or who should be) the next president of the United States, but the Omni brand of hotels is making its prediction a little less conventionally.
Each hotel under the Omni umbrella — including the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa in West Austin — is offering a menu of presidential election-inspired cocktails as a way of guessing the outcome of the election. The cocktails, which are available now through Election Day on Nov. 8, include three created with Republicans in mind, three mixed up for the Democrats out there and one to appease all the Independents of the country.
Guests who visit participating Omni locations can “cast their ballot” by ordering a cocktail off the special election-themed menu, according to a press release. In Austin, the menu will be at the cozy Bartons Lounge in the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa.
“Drink orders will be tallied and the overall consumption rates will be tracked and posted online every Wednesday from the previous week,” according to the release. “Once the electoral results have been announced, Omni will be able to determine if the promotion’s ‘popular vote’ was truly a predictor of the next president.”
The idea sounds ludicrous, of course, but as the Omni website notes, “if a groundhog can predict the seasons and an octopus can predict soccer matches, then cocktails can surely predict the next president.”
Here are Omni’s boozy presidential offerings.
- The Trump-tini: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, lemon and cranberry juices, Domaine Chandon and a sugared rim
- The Right Manhattan: Maker’s 46, apricot preserves and lemon juice, muddled with mint and topped with club soda
- The Ruby Red Pence: Deep Eddy Ruby Red grapefruit vodka, cranberry juice and St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- The Hilla-rita: Tres Generaciones Reposado Tequila, orange juice, agave and DeKuyper Amaretto, and a sugar and salt rim
- The True Blue Mule: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, ginger beer and blueberry reàl-infused syrup
- The Sugar Kaine Smash: Maker’s 46, fresh mint leaves, simple syrup, topped with club soda and a cherry
The Independent cocktail is the POTUS Punch, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, grenadine, fresh orange and lemon juices and muddled blackberries.
For more information, visit omnihotels.com/drinkthevote.