I’ll be blunt: You might have other ideas about how to spend the night of April 20. But just in case you’re not all about cannabis culture, Austin Beer Guide is throwing its spring/summer release party at the Draught House.
For beer lovers, that’s the place to be on Thursday, when the Austin Beer Guide authors will celebrate the debut of another free issue exploring local beers and the beer community. Several special brews from Austin producers are going on draft, including a collaboration between the Draught House and Austin Beer Guide called Don’t Haze Me Bro. The clarified IPA, done in the juicy style of a New England IPA, will come with free glassware if you order it.
Another beer to watch for is Friends & Allies’ new Kick Start Belgian Golden Ale with Flat Track Coffee. That will also be on tap on Saturday during the East Austin’s brewery’s grand opening celebration, but you might want to relish the unusual style early. In it, notes of berry, apple and pear mingle with hints of dark chocolate.
Plus, North by Northwest and Last Stand Brewing have collaborated on Mr. Rogers, an imperial pale lager with Citra and Mosaic hops that the two breweries created for Dripping Springs’ Founders Day this weekend.
Here’s the full list of beers to enjoy starting at 6 p.m. Thursday.
- Draught House/Austin Beer Guide: Don’t Haze Me Bro
- Blue Owl Brewing: Saison Puede Farmhouse Ale
- Hops & Grain: Dispensary IPA
- Jester King: Super Ultramega Hyperforce
- Friends & Allies: Kick Start Belgian Golden Ale with Flat Track Coffee
- North by Northwest: Mr. Rogers Imperial Pale Lager
- Last Stand Brewing: Oatmeal IPA, double dry-hopped with Citra and Simcoe hops
- Zilker Brewing: Hellsner, a step-mashed summer lager
- Independence Brewing: Illustrated Man Dark Sour
For more information about Austin Beer Guide, visit austinbeerguide.com.